• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

The Towers Childrens Home, Handsworth

Hi I was at hollies from 60s for six years. I was a baby called Lucy but I use the name Louise now. I do hope to hear from you.
  2. L

I spent six years at the hollies from beginning of 60s, occasionally staying at Lee House which was a little distance away. I have no photos but if you could put pictures on site,that would be great. I was very unhappy there. After I was sent to shenstone lodge and at the age of 12 I was sent...
  3. L

My name is Louise and I was at the hollies from 1960. I was a baby but spent quite a few years there then I went to Lee House. Never was adopted. I remember always being unhappy. The metal cot and beds with long halls. I sometimes think it was an hospital before a children's home. I was called...
  4. L

The Hollies Lee House & Shenstone Lodge

I spent many years at the hollies and Lee House, also shenstone lodge and 39 Pedmore close. Never got adopted. I was at hollies in early sixties. Wonderd if anyone remembers me. My name is Louise and I was a baby when I was put into the hollies. Would love to hear from you.
Back