• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Town Criers of Birmingham

Hi, Can any one tell me any information about the Town Criers of Birmingham during the 18th Century. I was told that my ancestor Richard Wooldridge (or Woolridge, or Woobridge, or Woodbridge) was Keeper of the Prison, Licensed Victualer, and Town Crier. Thanks for any Information, Tippin
  2. T

Christening 1832

Hi, Could any one do a christenening lookup for St Martin's for me? I am looking from a record I found on the IGI. I need to know where the family was living, and their father's occupation. The record in question happened on the 9th March 1832 at St Martin's. Their names are William Hill...
  3. T

Perambulator Factory

Hi, One of my ancesters was a Blacksmith working in a Perambulator Factory. I was wondering if any one could help me indentify the name of the factory he would have worked at. He lived on Lower Essex Street and Tillingham Street, so I quess that it would have been around that area of Brum...
  4. T

St Margarets Ward End Lookups

Hi, Would any one know where I can look at the Parish Records for St Margaret, Ward End. I am trying to find Edward Jorden, who ran the mill at Ward End, and would have been born around 1692. Thanks for any help, Stephen
  5. T

Burial 1753

Hi, Can any one help me find a burial at St Martin, which I have been told took place in the year 1753. It was the burial of May Wooldridge (or Woldridge), wife of Richard Wooldridge. Can any one help me? Stephen
  6. T

Albert William Smith, Lance Corporal

Hi, I am looking for information on my Great-Grandfather who served during the Boar War, and the Great War. The only information I have on him is from family legions, and from a single picture I think was taken around 1915. I have been told that he ran away to join the army, and that he was...
  7. T

Pictures of Ward End Mill

Hi, Would any one know where I would be able to obtain a picture of Ward End Mill? My ancester's used to own the mill in the mid 18th Century. Stephen
  8. T

Where is the Tippin family buried

I have been trying to locate the last resting place of my great, great-grandparents, Henry and Rosannah Tippin, but have so far failed to find them. Rosannah died on the 25th August 1886 at Lower Essex Street, they had a daughter who died in the December quarter 1886, proberbly in Lower Essex...
Back