• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. zjxn06

Newey

MWS and Janice, You two are amazing. Without your help I would not have been able to figure this all out. Thank you for your quick and insightful responses. Janice, I am still having fun with the interactive map you sent the link to. Wish I thank you in person. Regards, Z
  2. zjxn06

Newey

Hello Janice and MWS, You have been so helpful to me. Am having difficulty finding much information on my Richard Newey's father Christopher, other than birth marriage and death. He is named on Richard & Jane's 1848 marriage license as having been a "Carpenter". Christopher apparently dies...
  3. zjxn06

Lost Birmingham Pubs

Thank you.
  4. zjxn06

Lost Birmingham Pubs

Wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to search for, and pull up, the map(s) in such a useful format! This is so helpful, as it helps put together other pieces of the family puzzle. On the old map I see the "Peartree Farm" immediately to northwest of the "Malt Shovel". The 1861 census lists...
  5. zjxn06

Lost Birmingham Pubs

Greetings All, I am a new arrival to the forum. I live in the US (Colorado) and have ancestors that came from the Birmingham/Wolverhampton area. I hope you don't mind me intruding on the discussion here. Doing recent genealogy work I've stumbled across an ancestor - my 3rd Great Grandfather...
  6. zjxn06

Newey

That makes sense. Thanks for the insights
  7. zjxn06

Newey

Regarding baptisms in the Anglican church at the time. Was baptism generally performed soon after birth or later?
  8. zjxn06

Newey

So helpful. Thank you.
  9. zjxn06

Newey

Re: "1841 census ages over 15 were supposed to be rounded down to the nearest 5. " Was not aware of that. Was that true of later UK census figures as well? Thank you again!
  10. zjxn06

Newey

MWS & Janice, Thank you both for responding! How incredible to have anonymous helpers across the Atlantic. I have corrected Charles' birth date as recommended. And it seems you are both correct about my error regarding Charles' father Richard. Regarding Richard Newey: The 1841 census...
  11. zjxn06

Newey

Hi Everyone, I am a Newey living in the US, and a new member to the forum, . My Newey ancestors came to the US in the late 1800's from the Birmingham/Wolverhampton area. I am not a genealogist, but have collected some information using family records and Ancestry.com. Listed below, starting...
Back