• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. EmmaB84

Severalls Mental Hospital, Colchester

Hi Janice, well I found lots of records a while back with the exact name, same details etc but the birthday was 1 whole week off, so I left them alone. But seeing one of my distant cousins tree has saved some of the medal photos that list also that incorrect birthday (but still list the correct...
  2. EmmaB84

Hi, yes I was just thinking about that and worried i'd be in trouble! Alfred and most of my family come from Birmingham. He also married Polly Eveline (who passed in Severalls) in Aston. Also yes I have noticed alot of peoples names swapped back and forth with their first and second names in...
  3. EmmaB84

Palmer

In regards to Olive's church theft, would there any way to find court/jail records, or is 65 years still too young for this kind of information to be public? It would be good to somehow find out where and who she was staying with because it is obvious Holte Rd was her last residence...not where...
  4. EmmaB84

I'd be worried more if it were my own parents or grandparents so no issue there! I suppose we might not ever know the real answer.
  5. EmmaB84

Hi, i'm not sure where to post this as it's also about surnames not just the facility. Alfred Cecil Palmer (my great granduncle) was a Staff Sergeant major. In 1909 at age 29 he married a 17 year old Polly Eveline Reynolds. In 1939, I found that Polly E Palmer in Severalls Mental Hospital...
  6. EmmaB84

Birmingham silversmiths - Wakeling family

Thanks for your reply MWS, unfortunately he passed away in 1914, so 1911 was the last census I was able to draw from.
  7. EmmaB84

Birmingham silversmiths - Wakeling family

Hi, Would there be any way of finding what company or companies my ancestor worked in? It said he was a pencil case maker (gilt) in the silversmith industry. (3rd great granduncle) Alfred Wakeling, born in Birmingham 1863-1914. It seems the Wakelings all stayed in the same area and are buried...
Back