• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. O

Walter Ward used to own Plough Inn Monkspath Shirley

My father picked up this card in the 30’s or 40’s.
  2. O

Walter Ward used to own Plough Inn Monkspath Shirley

My father picked up this card in the 30’s or 40’s.
  3. O

Summer Lane Pubs

Thanks Mike,especially for a quick reply.I must have just missed it earlier.Quite a bit to think about there.This is an awkward one because it seems to straddle the period of development beyond New John Street West.The Fulford Brewers site has Henry Fulford as the publican in 1861.Thanks again...
  4. O

Summer Lane Pubs

I am interested in Edward Bridgwater who moved from Rowley Regis to Birmingham and appears in the 1851 census at 104 Summer Lane,which I believe is the Vine Inn. Edward is shown with his family and is a blacksmith. There is also Edwin Crouch(journeyman tailor) and family,and Robert...
  5. O

Digbeth Mineral Water Works and Well

What a great thread,really enjoying it.Great contributions from everyone.Big thank you and hats off to Seanyb for his valiant efforts and enthusiasm.I wish there had been others like him in the 1960’s when so much must have been lost without trace.Anyway,Happy Christmas to everyone.
  6. O

Broad Street

Late 60’s/Early 70’s ?
  7. O

showell's brewery

Letterhead.Right way up on the Showell’s Crosswells Brewery thread.For some reason it won’t behave on this thread.
  8. O

Showell's Crosswells Brewery

Letterhead.
  9. O

Pubs Of The Past

10. O

Erdington

Postcard from,I think,the 1920’s,which may be of interest.The photo’s emerge from a flap at the base of the bear.
  11. O

Pubs Of The Past

Viv-There is a good photo on the thread-Where was this ? Shufflebothams Grocery.Oldun.
  12. O

the swan..erdington

Sale in 1911.
  13. O

Pubs Of The Past

Outside the boundary but I thought this card that my father picked up in the 30’s or 40’s may be of interest.I expect many people remember when in the 60’s this became a Berni.
  14. O

Pub photos posted by Oldun

Outside the boundary but I thought this card that my father picked up in the 30’s or 40’s may be of interest.I expect many people remember when in the 60’s this became a Berni.
  15. O

Pubs Of The Past

The Mountfort,Kingshurst.
  16. O

The Mountfort,Kingshurst.
  17. O

Kingshurst

The Mountfort.
  18. O

Pubs Of The Past

The Royal Albert, corner of Park Lane and Upper Thomas Street,Aston.
  19. O

The Royal Albert, corner of Park Lane and Upper Thomas Street,Aston.
Back