• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Archway Of Tears

Hi just a reply a few years too late as this is dated 2017 better late than never as they say. I worked as a volunteer in the early 1990s at what was the old workhouse at what was Dudley Rd geriatric school of medicine up until 1992/1993 when it was demolished apart from the Archway of tears...
  2. M

Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell & Gurden Dairy

Hello and happy new year to everyone....I don't post hear very often but the thread is fascinating i just found out from the 1921 census that my great great grandad worked at Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell and Gurden Dairy in grange rd small heath it seems that my connection to the world of...
  3. M

Birmingham Weston Road Workhouse & Cape Schools

Hi i know this post is very old but i was a volunteer at Dudley rd hospital in 1992 and 1993 around the time of the majortity of the demolition sadly of the old workhouse the there was two gatehouses one by where the gates are on western rd and the other the workhouse entrace which was sadly...
Back