• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Procter partners insurance

In the winter of 63 I started at Procter partners insurance. My mom said I had to leave school and get a job, interviewed on the Thursday left school on the Friday started work on the Monday! At that time they were in Gt Hampton Row before moving to purpose built premises on the Soho Road. The...
  2. B

Music groups in pubs

I was just scrolling through some articles and seen some mention of Witton Perry Barr etc. Like most lads in the mid to late 60's I was in a 'group' the four of us Keith, Rick, Allen and myself used to play all around the area a lot of times in the Holte pub on a Thursday night ,(67) we probably...
  3. B

Guildford Street

Hi all early last year before lockdown I was browsing through our local library and found a book called the girl from Guildford Street which is probably well known to the members of this group. Well living at villa cross from 1951 to 1963 it was a real treat to know everywhere she went and to...
Back