• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Theodore Street

Hi ,did you know the Morrison family, who lived in Theodore street, they were there until 1965 .cheers D
  2. D

Alum Rock Rd - Ward End area

Hi, we left in 65, approx, but my uncle still lived there until, the council decided to knock some of the houses down, from Aston church road, till Bennetts Road. His name was Alfred pready, known as Alf. Our name was Hibbard OK
  3. D

Alum Rock Rd - Ward End area

Hi, we lived in arley Rd, number 93, can't remember the names, but remember the sweet shop, and also the off licence. My brother Bob, worked there, when he was still at school, late 60s. Do you remember Roger Thomas, lived in chartist road?
  4. D

Nazereth house. Rednal/ surname Hibbard

Thanks for the reply., Maybe it might be best to let this go. Based on what I know about my 2 half sisters, at naz house, I've a feeling he could have been there for at least a few yrs, and it's not the best place for a 10yr old, on his own. So once again thank you
  5. D

Hi there. Have you anymore information about John vessey Hibbard,. You say he was in Shardlow institution (workhouse) in 1939, do you know for how long. I've been in touch with the record office in matlock, but they tell me that no records exist from the time I'm looking for. Also I've found out...
  6. D

Thanks again, for the info. Once you start looking into family history, the more you want, but unfortunately, one answer to a question, opens up more questions, it's a can of worms. But I'll keep looking, and if I find anything, I'll let you know OK. Stan Hibbard my dad's brother, had 2 sons...
  7. D

Hi, I just wanted to say, a big thank you for the info that you sent me.. If you have anymore info, especially about my other half sister, Jean please send to me. But if you have other things to do, and that's all you have on the Hibbards, I do appreciate all of your time and effort. Once again...
  8. D

That's amazing, John my half brother never once mentioned anything, about his upbringing, yet he lived with my brother, Stuart for a number of years. So can you please tell me the dates of there birhs , and when you say public assistance, is that in care? Really appreciate this info, thanks again
  9. D

Hi, yes I know he had three children, June born 1928, John 1930, Jean 1932. That's the names we have been told. Could Margaret be a middle name, or are we wrong? My mom's diary from 1942, has an entry,,. Miss June Hibbard, c/o nazereth house rednal, so was she there, also the other 2, were they...
  10. D

I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but I'm trying to find out about my half sister, who I believe was in nazereth house in rednal, in the early 40s. Is there any chance that records would still be kept, about who was there at the time I've mentioned. Thanks in advance.
  11. D

Pready

Hi, anyone know anything about the PREADY FAMILY, AND PREADY COAL MERCHANTS, from nechells and Saltley
  12. D

John Hibbard

Hi, I can't find the msg you said you have sent me, please try again
  13. D

John Hibbard

Hi Barry, thank you for the reply.. The Hibbards you are talking about, might be a distant relative of mine, I'm just exploring the family tree,( I've just started). All the Hibbards that I know are from Nottinghamshire, we didn't have any relatives from the Birmingham area. So it's quite...
  14. D

Midland Counties Dairy Bromford Lane

Yea, that's the one, couldn't remember the name. I was a milk boy there in the 60s
  15. D

Midland Counties Dairy Bromford Lane

Hi, can anyone remember the name of the dairy, across the road from the fox and goose. IE, CO.OP, MIDLAND DAIRY?
  16. D

John Hibbard

Thanks sue
  17. D

John Hibbard

Hi sue, so that's where my dad got his middle name, vessey, it was his mums maiden name . I've made enquiries about the church yard, and apparently it's not in to bad a shape, so that's a plus. I live in Scotland, but I'm coming to BHAM, in the next couple of months, so I'm going to see if he...
  18. D

John Hibbard

Hi sue, my mom had a son by Higgins in 1936, called Derek, on all the msgs I've had, he's never been mentioned. He was living with my mom at arley road, when in 1947, he had an accident, and was found dead, apparently he had put some rope around his neck, Playing! cowboys and Indians , slipped...
  19. D

John Hibbard

That's Brill, about where my mom was living, my uncle Alf wasn't born until later. Samuel!!! I wonder where he was, maybe working who knows. The Hibbards, tell me anything about them please, cheers D
Back