• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Kynoch's I C I 1800s - 1920s

It would have been probably the Boar War but Kynochs produced ammunition on a general basis for anybody.
  2. M

KENT STREET BATHS

Ohh Sunday mornings 1955/6/7 we were off around 8.00am from Yardley with the Powers. Bernie ran the Cafe near the Blues Garrison Lane. We arrived at Kent Street Baths. Fantastic swimming. Soon in their Face afterwards. Happy Days
  3. M

The Pelham

Yep Grandad and Family lived near there. Dad 99.9 can remember his lemonade and crisps outside around 1924. Years later I was at Alston Road and we would walk via Belcher's Lane. We use to go to the Rock Cinema on Boxing day in the Mid 80's to see the Disney when Tim was around 8? Happy days
  4. M

Beaufort Cinema Ward End / Washwood Heath

Coming from Blythe cottages that was the 161 bus stop near Cranmore Road where we lived Dad99 still going but not well he struggles on towards that telegram entering the Beaufort was a Spectacular night out. The Castle at Bradford road was another haunt. What happy days we had there.
  5. M

Snow Hill Station

Haven't got the picture? There was a period of swapping Pacific Class Locos between regions it didn't last long. Few photos around on various sites.
  6. M

SIXPENNY HOSPITAL FUND

yep Still a member Family group Amazing still Gamagee House, The Hospital at Weston closed. mike jenks.
  7. M

Lewis's Department Store

Hi Still after all those years joining the queue 6 floors to go phew to see Santa.
  8. M

NewSt Station 2015

Hi Thanks you Flickers amazing pictures cant wait for a visit. Thanks alot Mike Jenks
  9. M

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Hi Latest from the Hub Witton our old plant is going to be a fruit and veg shop. Not the best ending. The site proposed covers the vast area of the Kynoch Press Engineering Work Shops Strip Mills A B C ammunition factories. Have shown Mikes 1966 Map with the picture from the Birmingham Post...
  10. M

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Hi I noticed the 1936 Aero photo of Formans Road Lucas Factory. It was as I remembered it 2 years there in Diecastings and Plastics in Time Study and Estimating. Later on I covered for my sins Batteries with Lucas and Yuasa with Rover Group/Land Rover. Erie picture I lived at 156 with my Nan...
  11. M

Jaguar cars

Hi It was article 15th July 2015 headed sir John eagen put Jaguar back on its feet. It's on-line Mike Jenks
  12. M

fish and chip shops

Hi Not sure Dave I just grabbed them? I went to Albert Road amazing area of little shops. We all sat in the back Room while the Barbers cut hair. Next to the Sweat Shop? Mike Jenks
  13. M

fish and chip shops

Hi Thanks for moving to the correct thread That's the trouble with rushing Mike Jenks j
  14. M

Jaguar cars

Hi Yep the mail article (see below) rings true. As a senior staff rep we covered the debacle. I wrote a short book on it. Jaguar was in a mess run by Robinson he tried to run it on a democratic style. Proved a disaster. I first met John Egan he was head of Sales and Service at Cowley. He gave...
  15. M

fish and chip shops

Chips shop Hi Just seen Nick Stein with a piece of Cod. Worth more than Salmon. Reminded me of McCarthy chip shop in top of Bordesley Green the old 53/54 terminus. Every Thursday night for several years we had our Drill at the School 12th Batallion Boys Brigade. Under Captain Shipway and John...
  16. M

Peaky Blinders - A world away from Downton!

Well done Some super pics. Mike jenks
  17. M

Where did you live

Hi Suggest you all read confessions of an aging transporter. Its online just google. It. Absolutely brilliant. Mike jenks
  18. M

Tamworth field trainspotting

Hi By the time I got there circa 1952 the Ban was in effect. My last spotting s were in 1960 and the Ban was still in effect on the Station. Thats why the Field became our home for the Day. A bit hit and miss. Walking thro to the Embankment bridge then hearing the field was open. The station...
  19. M

Old street pics..

Hi Best picture I've ever seen of the Mermaid Mike Jenks
  20. M

Tamworth field trainspotting

With good eyesight standing towards the back of the field you could make it out. Mike jenks
Back