• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Windermere Rd Park/ground Saved

Yes you're right about the lodge, just looking on google maps and I can see the lodge would be exactly where the drive is for 162 Wake Green Rd, also 160 appears to be the same building it is now.
  2. R

Could it be possible that The Leasowes was turned into flats for several occupants at the same time at a much earlier date? I'm struggling to figure it all out, maybe A. Heath was just a live in landlord for a while? Also, looking at the maps you provided it seems that out of all the houses...
  3. R

I came across this which mentions some of the boys from the school who fought in WWI from page 6 onwards. https://moseley-society.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Moseley-at-War-WWI-booklet.pdf
  4. R

I came across this also from a much earlier date
  5. R

Upon further reading, he wrote that the previous owner of the property decided to keep the plot of land at the bottom, by moseley bog/pickwick park, so there is a chance he might know their identity.
  6. R

There is a blog by someone who lived at Leasowes in 1954 as a child, (Flat 1, The Leasowes, 170 Wake Green Road) According to him, it had been divided into 4 flats by that time, was neglected and falling apart. I haven't contacted him to find out more (who was the landlord, previous owner, etc...
Back