• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

PTE JAS. (JAMES) JOSEPH BROWN, 7998, WORCESTERSHIRE REGIMENT

Just doing an update search on one of "my soldiers" and on ForcesWarRecords I came across 2 new records. Incident date 01/05/1917 listing him as "Deserter/absentee from his Majesty's Service". Offence date 07/04/1917 Devonport. Reference Police Gazette. Incident date 08/05/1917. Police Gazette...
  2. M

Pte Ernest Arthur BOURNE, 204034 Worcestershire Regiment.

Help please. Trying to confirm when he was born and where he lived. Pension records indicate he lived at 26, Denbigh St., Bordsley Green, Birmingham. His next of kin is mother, Elizabeth. On electoral roll 1918 - 1930 at 26 Denbigh St. Is he living at 33, Cyril Road, Sparkbrook in 1933, 8...
  3. M

George Blackham 11220 Worcestershire R and 389136 Labour Corp.

A soldier with a very interesting WW1 service. Enlisted in June, 1908 served in France 1914/1915, wounded in 1914 and court martialled December, 1915. Transferred to the Labour Corp. instead of serving 18 months detention? Discharged in March, 1919 suffering from Malaria and issued with a silver...
  4. M

Richard Arnold 8268 Worcestershire Regiment

The above soldier won the Military Medal on 14 October, 1918. Unfortunately I can not find any information on the man other than he resided in Birmingham. When he was wounded in 1916 he was listed as resided in Birmingham. When he was wounded in 1917 he was listed as aged 34, resided in...
  5. M

Joseph Blower.

I'm trying to trace the whereabouts of Joseph Blower in 1901. He was born around 1883/4 in Birmingham. Father is Joseph and mother is Nerith. Also seems to be known as Sarah. He marries Florence Hudson on 24 December, 1902 at St Stephens Church he is listed as a solider. Pte Joseph Blower, 7275...
Back