• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Grammar schools and comprehensives in Birmingham in the 50s and 60s.

I passed to Grammar School but not allowed to go. Something I deeply regret because it affected my general knowledge profoundly. I had to go to a Commercial College. My brother went to George Dixon but not allowed to go to University and eventually he took up teaching where he met his future...
  2. C

Lawrence College Pitman College Corporation St

I have not heard from anyone in my era. I was on the commercial side (had friends on Grammar school side) and as we were very competitive and achieved very high skills we used to give demonstrations showing off our skills both in shorthand and typing (typing to music was one). I left at 15...
  3. C

Lawrence College Pitman College Corporation St

Feb 19 2021 Hi everyone Mr Murphy was headmaster. Looking for old chums Kathleen Westwood, Stourbridge, Velda Bartram Helen Evans Elaine Nuttall Noel Carr (mad on cars and built one) and anyone in that era. I was on the commercial side but had lots of friends on the grammar...
Back