• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Wylde Green School, Green Lanes School

As far as I recall only 3 girls - including myself - passed the 11+ that year and went on to Sutton Grammar in September 1965. I don't know how many - if any! - boys passed and went ot Bishop Vesey.
  2. A

I took the 11+ in 1965 and went on to Sutton Coldfied Grammar School for Girls on Jockey Road. I'm not sure any of us had a particularly confidence-boosting time at secondary school back then! Will check out the site you mentioned.
  3. A

I think the photo on show was of Snow White from a couple of years later. Aladdin was in either 1964 or 1965. I have no pictures I’m afraid! From your chat I’m guessing I would have been in top juniors when you were in the infants. I was taught then by Mrs Holmes (Junior Year 3) and Mr Agnew...
  4. A

Great photo! I am new to this website so a bit behind all the posts. I left Wylde Green County Primary School in 1965. The play I remember was Aladdin - I was Aladdin!! Our headteacher was Mr Lawson and I met my best friend there - we still meet up regularly. Also went on the school trip to...
  5. A

Great photo! I am new to this website so a bit behind all the posts. I left Wylde Green County Primary School in 1965. The play I remember was Aladdin - I was Aladdin!! Our headteacher was Mr Lawson and I met my best friend there - we still meet up regularly. Also went on the school trip to...
Back