• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Military Police Units in Birmingham & District. (1930's to present day)

Some of our Branch members at the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas, Staffs. remembering their fallen comrades.
  2. D

Military Police Units in Birmingham & District. (1930's to present day)

I am the webmaster for the Birmingham Central Branch of the Royal Military Police Association. Members - all veterans (oldest 94+ a Normandy Veteran) wish to establish details for the Branch History of details and locations of CMP; RMP: CRMP Units/Companies including TA Units within the...
  3. D

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Great to hear your OK - I knew you were ill, but didn't know with what - well done to make the next 25 years. I'm getting older 75 ! - lost my wife 4.5 years ago, I think you may have known her not sure though - (Walsall when you visited Court) had acouple of new hips about 17 years ago still...
  4. D

Hi, I did get the collar number right - two out of two. How are you long time since MA - you weren't too well when we went to the Home Office for a couple of days - you didn't even drink the 'free' wine ? Great to hear from you Dave. I've just checked I was one out I said 192 to your...
  5. D

Webley Gunmakers - information requested

Thanks for reply I'll send it along with a couple of interest photographs I have taken during the 1st Gun Amnesty in the 1960's when I worked in the Explosives and Firearms Dept - also a card I have on the wall dated 28.10.1985 - only 99 but it was shot with the Jurek on the forcs range. only...
  6. D

Richard, I'm not sure if I've done this correctly so we'll see how it turns out. W & S .455 Revolvers used for Mander at this time.
  7. D

Richard, Nice to see the pictures, there is only one face that look familiar to me on photo No 2 and I'm not certain. The man on the extreme right looks very much like Dr Marion JUREK, who manufactured bespoke single shot pistols for target shooters. He did in fact make a personal one for me -...
  8. D

Further to the above, I've turned out a cupboard and I have files re the use of the Slaney Street Range and also Park Lane by Birmingham City Police, the first being July 1926 from the W & S Secretary - confirming the loan of .32 Semi-automatic pistols and an indicated bill for ammunition at...
  9. D

Hi Richard, For many years Birmingham City Police had the use of both the Weaman Street Range and later at Park Lane to prepare for the Police Pistol Competition at the Imperial meeting in July each year at Bisley, Surrey.I have fired many rounds on each range from the fifties until the early...
  10. D

Hi, I'm glad I got the collar No correct - I'm no good on names but numbers seem to stick! Weight - didn't we all amass a bit !!! - If I remember anything else I'll answer direct to your e-mail above. Most of us had a drink after duty to wind down - no such things as social clubs now...
  11. D

Hi Pagan, Joined to give a quick reply and best wishes to Laurie - (A 192 rings a bell but not sure.) We worked together on old Birmingham City 'A' Div and also 198xx - 1985 at the Motorway Control Centre, 'T' Div Perry Barr and one or two points in between. I hope his health is much...
  12. D

James, I've joined the forum to reply and have just seen the photos No 2 is the Ken I remember - taken outside 'Hawkins' Lancaster Place at the bottom of Steelhouse Lane - Fire HQ background left . Cheers David Looking at No.1 - Looks like a Training Centre photo when he joined - uniforms...
  13. D

Hi James, Like Chris, I knew and worked with your Grandfather - we knew him as Ken. Steelhouse Lane, Digbeth and Bridge Street West, seem to remember 'A'256 was the number but the 1950's are a long time off !!! Not much detail but a great chap to know. I hope you find out more...
Back