• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Promenade

Fender Manufacturer

Brilliant and so quick too - would never have got Ogilvy ! Thank you so much
  2. Promenade

Fender Manufacturer

Hello, Can anyone decipher the following company mentioned in the 1921 census please? Many thanks
  3. Promenade

Cooper family WW1

Some more information: Born Shirley, Birmingham. Son of George Henry Cooper and brother of Arthur Cooper. Enlisted 26/10/11, occupation metal turner. Died in No 11 General Hospital, Boulogne. (Soldiers Effects - Ancestry) COOPER. - In loving memory of Private George Cooper of the 2nd...
  4. Promenade

Cooper family WW1

Theodore, You are probably referring to this chap:- COOPER, Private, G, 12753. 2nd Bn. Worcestershire Regt. 30 October 1914. III. A. 22. (Boulogne Eastern Cemetery - France) Died of septicaemia. Son of George H Cooper of 34 Mornington Tce, Mormington Rd, Smethwick. A second dependent was a...
  5. Promenade

Joseph Blower.

Firstly some clarification - if an other ranker served in the Army during the Great War and did not serve on after 1920 his records would have been stored in the Arnside warehouse in London when it was bombed during WW2 - this is regardless of when a man originally enlisted. If a man (officers...
  6. Promenade

If only houses could talk - a sad tale of WW1

Firstly many thanks to all who have taken the time and trouble to find more about the Collins Family and what happened to them after the war. The release of the Western Front Association Pension Records on Fold3 had significantly increased the awareness of brothers who lost their lives in the...
  7. Promenade

If only houses could talk - a sad tale of WW1

One of the many strengths of the Birmingham History Forum is the amazing number of images of old Birmingham. It was while trawling through these that I came across this entry for Cecil Street. See...
  8. Promenade

Thomas V. Kelly

Unfortunately not - although I did have a quick look. The closest I came was the following (on the assumption that Thomas was Catholic) but a cross check on Ancestry Public Trees seems to rule this man out (I acknowledge that assuming Ancestry trees are always correct is not a good idea).
  9. Promenade

Thomas V. Kelly

Alberta, Thank you for the warm welcome! I have just started a Birmingham-focused WW1 Worcs Regt project - something to get my teeth into whilst lockdown continues. Not coming from Birmingham - I don't know where the city starts and ends and where the various areas are but am learning. I am in...
  10. Promenade

Thomas V. Kelly

Hello, Realise that this is an old post but I have just registered today. I am one of the WW1 researchers at the Worcs Regt Museum and the custodian of the Worcs Regt WW1 database. This is Thomas's entry in our database - sadly no photo Promenade -----------------------------------------...
Back