• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Bevan Family

Thus far I have not found documents with above info... Will keep searching
  2. A

Bevan Family

We know that John Bevan(s) was a steel toy maker as stated on Harry and Emily's marriage record. In the 1861 census, I see him with an Elizabeth born in Warwickshire, and a son William age 5 and daughter Sara aged 1....
  3. A

Bevan Family

It seems as common as Bevan!
  4. A

Bevan Family

You make a very good point. Obviously a cluster of matches would lead us to a mrca, but you are correct in reminding me that the paper trail is our evidence.
  5. A

Bevan Family

No idea where they fit. Lily tie to this line, or Harry Bevans line. We know his father was John and believe his mother was Elizabeth Jones. We have a cluster of shared matches that support that idea...
  6. A

Bevan Family

Good grief! Not sure what happened there!
  7. A

Bevan Family

I have a good number of matches on My Heritage for this side of the family, shared with known cousins, but as yet have no he where they fit. I expect that they will tie in up onl Jones, ba
  8. A

Bevan Family

I did see that marriage to Chatfield and wondered... Also the census records made me question. Dna matches for that part of the family are few.... Sadly.
  9. A

Bevan Family

I appreciate you taking the time to look through with me. Sometimes "talking" it out makes things clearer...
  10. A

Bevan Family

Lovely homes on Googleaps! Lol
  11. A

Bevan Family

When I click on view record, it lists each person. If you look at the relationship of both Wiilm and Henry, they are listed as grandson and Ann Durose is listed as mother's name
  12. A

Bevan Family

1851 Address 26 Heath
  13. A

Bevan Family

Census actually lists Ann as Williams mother!
  14. A

Bevan Family

Also true. Mysteries abound!
  15. A

Bevan Family

Interestingly, in both cases the mother was Ann....
  16. A

Bevan Family

I just saw that very census! Lol.... That would certainly explain him not knowing a father's name.
  17. A

Bevan Family

I could put it in as a hypothetical and see what dna matches I catch under it. Does that seem reasonable?
  18. A

Bevan Family

I agree with both of you. It is amazing how many on ancestry have him tied to George. I have left it open. I figure if he doesn't know, then no one does. Lol...
  19. A

Bevan Family

Numerous people have his father as George Durose. If it states unknown, is it possible they simply were at odd and in fact George is his father?
  20. A

Bevan Family

Here's another query for you.... Elizabeth Durose is daughter of William Durose and Sarah Padmore. On their marriage cert, he indicates father unknown.
Back