• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. fellowkev

Morris Clarence Albert B.1893 And Wife Sarah Nee Fellows B.1894

Hello, looking for more family information on my great aunt Sarah Morris (nee Fellows) and her husband Clarence Albert Morris. Clarence was killed by a car in 1981 whilst on holiday in Brighton, I'm told. Sarah died in 1963. They had many children, all before WW2: Clarence Albert, Dorothy...
  2. fellowkev

Fellows Family 19th century burials

Hello everyone, If there is anyone in possession of burial records for Birmingham cemeteries (beyond what is online--which has proved fruitless) can you please have a look and see if my great, great grandparents are listed in the records. I have hit a complete brick wall. Here are their names...
  3. fellowkev

Fellows, William and Olive

Hello, I am looking for anyone who may be related to the following: This is a wedding photo of my Grand Uncle William Fellows and Olive Henderson, married July 12, 1925 in St. Mark's Church, Ladywood. From left to right: Ernest Fellows age 21 (b. Aug 22, 1903). He is the younger...
  4. fellowkev

Fisher & Ludlows factory

Hello, I have not seen the Fisher & Ludlows factory as a main topic, so I thought I would start a thread for those who may have worked there or remember people who did. My Grandfather worked there after the War, he worked throughout the 1950's, and 1960's in the tool making area, I believe...
  5. fellowkev

Updated Family Search Pilot

Hi, have you visited the new family search pilot site yet? Lots of marvelous information, and it is updated frequently. Check it out at: https://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=0 Have fun in your research. I do :) Kevin
  6. fellowkev

Langford, William Albert et al

Hi I am looking for anybody who knows of any Langfords in Birmingham. It is not a very common name. My great grandfather was Albert William Langford, born 1873 in Cape street. During the 1920's he was a curate at the Birmingham court house on Market street. He married Elizabeth Berryman in 1901...
  7. fellowkev

St Thomas Church Balsall Heath

Hi, Does anyone know if St Thomas's church still exists? (My google earth image shows nothing distinctive). On my 1890 survey map the church was on the eastern edge of Calthorpe park, on Court road in Balsall Heath. I am curious, because my great grandparents William and Phoebe Fellows lived in...
  8. fellowkev

Wheeler And Farm Streets Nursery School

Hi, Does anyone know the name of my old nursery school that, I believe, was on the corner of Wheeler and Farm streets in Hockley during the 50's? I lived in Frankfort street in the late 50's and early 60's. If memory serves me well, the school was not too far from our house, perhaps less than...
  9. fellowkev

California Inn Northfield

Anyone know if the California Inn still survives? Any pictures available? A distant rely George Hughes and his wife Harriet lived there from about 1860 to 1890, and adopted a Kate Fellows b 1880 (thus my interest) she went on to live at Shendley Court Farm, Northfield. Thanks
  10. fellowkev

Gregory family

Hi, I am researching my great grandfather James Gregory, engine driver, born about 1837, (his wife was Sarah Reeves) James was born in Birmingham, but I cannot find a listing in the BMD (I tried David James, etc). I cannot find a probable census listing previous to 1871, either (he married...
  11. fellowkev

Harry George Fellows in the British Army, India

Hello, My grandfather spent a number of years in India, in the 1920's, serving proudly with the British Army. My father thinks my grandfather may have been in the 101st. Can anyone identify the regiment from the attached image of his uniform buttons. Granddad was born in Coplow street...
  12. fellowkev

Frankfort street, Hockley

Hi, does anyone remember much about Frankfort street? I lived as a child at 55 Frankfort street--a back-to-back council house, from 1957 until 1965. I remember a noisey Non-Ferous metals factory located right across the street from our door. There was the corner shop whose name neither I, nor my...
Back