• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Scott Arms, Great Barr

I'm an old Scott Armer. I lived as a teenager in Waddington Avenue behind the pub 1958 - 71. Stole my first half pint off my dad there. It was a key Bus service crossroads, West Brom - Kingstanding and Sutton, And Walsall - Birmingham. I waited many hours there for scthe bus to school, sports...
  2. G

Fattorini, medal makers

I recently had a reply from the Fattorini company to an enquiry I made. Thomas Fattorini & Sons worked out of no 36 Barr St. as a separate company when the directors bought it from the parent company. Eventually closed and remaining business returned to the Regent St. Company. I think it was the...
  3. G

Holliday Street

Thank you very much. This pins down a number of my families homes and their minor fiefdom of 73. 4 and 5 for many years. i would have been stuck for a while with libraries closed. Still need them though to get at electoral records.
  4. G

Holliday Street

To Mikejee Thanks for the work on street numbers sorry I got you onto the wrong street, but is there any chance you can give me a steer on the house numbers on St. Martins St. please. Whoever tagged me brummie babby has caused great amusement.
  5. G

The Roebuck - William Street, Ladywood

Hi, I've caused some confusion here in that I saw the Roebuck as a St Martins St. Pub and was referring to house numbers in that Street. However I've had Relatives who lived at 100 and 119 William St .in the 19th C. My Grandparents who lived in Holliday St. seem to have run the "White Horse"...
  6. G

Mike, Very grateful for your reply. As a map nerd I'm fascinated by the detail you have here and inadvertently you have given me detail of Court 5 Holiday St. which was the principal centre of my family from The late 30's to the 60s . However, please accept my apologies for misdirecting you, I...
  7. G

Sorry I don’t, but, I’m doing work on this street at the moment and have some background. I bet my ancestors used this pub. I had relatives at 73,74,80 11, and some back of’s, from late 19th C. To 1950’s. The Jessops, 73 ,74, seem to have run a “muffin making “ enterprise out of old wash houses...
  8. G

Holliday Street

Thanks
  9. G

Holliday Street

A Nw Member Reviewing Family history. Born in Holliday St. 1949, Family name was Baker. Seeking information on 2 points 1) Name of the Pub on the Corner with Communication Row, I believe struck by a bomb in WW"? 2) Members of my family (Female) Worked at a Light manufacturing Co. in the...
Back