• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Pointydog

Photographer at "6 The Parade" somewhere? Maybe Cattell family?

My awful family suggested he had been stuffed! The lady on the right has a cat on her lap too.
  2. Pointydog

Thank you, I thought the hats were distinctive and internet-searching made me place it to the 1890s but I am no expert and good to have another opinion that places it then. If it is my family they were all farming folk but one of the sons became an accountant and lived in Harpenden - the...
  3. Pointydog

Hmm, maybe my theory is just wrong then! I did see one carte de visite for a photographer on King's Parade, Cambridge but they had just printed Parade so it could be as crazy as that. Thanks for your help.
  4. Pointydog

Thanks - that's a bit disappointing but good to see.
  5. Pointydog

Yes, think that would be significant - I am not familiar with either area but think that would rule out Sutton then as a potential address. Thanks.
  6. Pointydog

Of course it does! Sorry, will change the title if I can.
  7. Pointydog

Hi all, I've come to the forum mainly to try to get to the bottom of who is showing in an old photo we have. It turned up in the house where my 2 x great grandmother lived in Over in Cambridgeshire. Annoyingly, the photographer's details only partially show, "9 The Parade" and the tops of...
  8. Pointydog

Elmdon, Marston Hall And Bickenhill Village Surrounds

Sorry, very late to this thread. I came here looking for information on Marston Hall, home to my great grand aunt Harriet Carter/Cattell. I am not sure when this card dates from - she married Herbert John Cattell in 1877 and possibly moved there then but the farm is only named Marston Hall on...
Back