• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Suffolk St

Thanks, could be? Most of my Richards family are traceable back to the Jewellery quarter or Winson Green / Ladywood area. One connection Im trying to follow up is the connection between John Richards son William and a Simon Richards (wife was Patience) who witnessed Williams wedding in 1864, I...
  2. D

Suffolk St

Thanks Mike for update, my gt gt etc grandfather was John Richards, probably born around 1780 ish, wife Mary. Sorry my date was wrong, he's on the 1851 census as possibly a Brass founder (difficult to read) He may have lived in a backhouse or foundry behind, I dont know. I guess number 60 is...
  3. D

Suffolk St

Great map, but where would number 60 be?my great great great etc. grandad lived there in 1860. Fabulous website only just come across it, thank you.
Back