• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Mother and Baby home Moseley

Hi - not been on this forum for a while, so only just picked up your question. I can tell you that there was a big old staircase - very grand. I can't remember the skylight, but there may have been one. I believe the place is now an old people's home. I too would love to look round Sorry...
  2. C

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. No I wasn't "admitted" until November 1965.
  3. C

I was an unmarried mother in the Grange Moseley in 1965. I was only there for six weeks but I remember it well. It was a very difficult time of my life. The Matron there was great but the Cook was terrifying. We all had chores to do - light the fires, help with the meals and cook. It was...
  4. C

Alum Rock Road

Does anyone remember the old farmhouse that used to be right in the middle of the Barracks on Alum Rock Road. I think it was demolished many years ago but when I was a child I remember going into the house where a family was living who I think were connected with the barracks. Does anyone...
  5. C

Moody Blues

Was it St Peter's College, in College Road Saltley? Sometimes known as Saltley College - or am I barking up the wrong tree!
  6. C

Alum Rock Road

Alum Rock He probably passed me on the way home:rolleyes: :D
  7. C

Alum Rock Road

Alum Rock I regularly went to the Rock - also the Capitol which was near the Pelham. Saturday matinees for kids - Flash Gordon, Roy Rogers - Oh I feel old! :Aah: ;)
  8. C

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

I wish I was as well preserved as my boots and then I might have given it a go!!:D :P
  9. C

Alum Rock Road

Alum Rock Alf I think the road opposite was Brookhill Road with the Brookhill PUb on the corner. It had an "outdoor" where we used to buy pop!
  10. C

Alum Rock Road

I used to live on Alum Rock Road, near Rockville Road. I was born there in 1946. Lots of memories of playing over the "walls" at Southalls and climbing on the decks when the factory was shut. Did anyone else live around there Chris
  11. C

Springhill Hi Aston I do remember the Birmingham Barons now that you've mentioned them. I was there on the last night the rink was open. Queued outside for ages to get in. We also used to have "passes out" and we'd walk with our skating boots on over to the coffee bar across the road but I...
  12. C

So many happy memories of the ice rink. I used to go Friday, Saturday and Wednesday every week from around 1960 until it closed. I remember "ladies only on the ice" and then gents. Always used to have a coffee in the coffee bar. Also rememmber watching the Mohawks. I wore hockey boots and...
Back