• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

18th Century Publicans

People interested in pub history might like to know there is a Pub History Society whose members are quite active. Visit their website: pubhistorysociety.co.uk
  2. C

Army Huts after WW2

Does anyone remember the group of Daimler Dingo scout cars parked together near Perry Barr Park? I think there were 3 or 4, which by the time I played in and around them were still intact but clearly inoperable. That would probably have been mid1950s. I lived in Tideswell Road and used to get...
  3. C

Tideswell Road /Thornbridge Avenue - Great Barr

I omitted my name which is Carl Ricketts, and I was in the A classes throughout my time at GD. I am afraid I have a poor memory for names, but do remember Michael Nowakoski as a fellow pupil and friend.
  4. C

Tideswell Road /Thornbridge Avenue - Great Barr

I lived at 99 Tideswell Road from birth in 1946 until about 1965 when my parents Phyllis and Harold Ricketts moved to Bewdley. I went to school first at Perry Beeches and from 1958 after the 11+ until 1965 at George Dixon Grammar School. I read on other parts of the Forum and was reminded about...
Back