• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

Hi, This is Joan and I m hoping your Dad Sidney Cartwright was my Uncle Sidney who married Glenda and had two children a daughter and son, they lived in Cooks Lane, Birmingham. Happy Memories of a very funny, intelligent, clever man, who took me flying in a single engine aircraft and did a loop...
  2. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

Hi Dean, I have not been on the website for a while and just noticed your reply, delighted to find out I still have a relative in the Birmingham area, if you could fill me in how you are related to John Simmons Cartwright. He was in the Queens Guard in WW1, in between spend long periods of time...
  3. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

Lyn that would be brilliant, that’s something I don’t have, any information would be appreciated. I’m still trying to take in the the photos and will pass it on to other family members, hopefully we can build a picture of my grandfathers family.
  4. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

I often wondered after reading about the peaky blinders if he possibly could have been associated with them, the one newspaper quoted he was carrying a razor blade, who knows. I wouldn’t be surprised, I know very little about him and all the rest of the family are no longer alive. He certainly...
  5. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

Thanks Lyn, I was just looking for it when I received your message, it was very moving to see his name on it, and all the other people who lost their lives during the war, what a fitting way to honour their great sacrifice. I never knew of its existence, I’m learning so many new things from the...
  6. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

Hi Lyn, You have all been brilliant I can’t thank you enough for all your time and help with finding a photo of my Grandfather. Unfortunately I live in Ireland and have never heard of the tree of life, but I will see if I can find pics of it, I often spend hours looking up the history of...
  7. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

I just want to say you guys are AMAZING, I couldn’t believe it when I seen the replies and the photo of my grandfather, you were so fast,informative and helpful. It has been a life long ambition to find a photo as he was never mentioned or discussed, now I know why. His only saving grace was...
  8. J

Cartwright John Simmonds

As a new member please accept my apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum. I am looking for any information on my grandfather John Simmonds Cartwright, who lived at various addresses in Birmingham, 26/28 Derby Street, 5 King Alfreds Place and Garrison Lane. His DOB 1887 he died in 1942. He...
Back