• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. SteveBhx

Carr’s Lane Chapel

Edit. The excellent image posted below by SteveBhx gives the full impression of the exterior and entrance to the Chapel. I am afraid the last one is another quiz , as usual no location or year although there is a sign telling you not to park in front of the congregational church, if we were...
  2. SteveBhx

Corner Shops

I thought I would start a thread on corner shops - apologies if there is one already checking was not a strong point!. All these pictures were going to be thrown out by Birmingham City council and are the same source as the Geoff Thompson archive. This picture is 77 Boulton Road taken in 1975...
  3. SteveBhx

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Steve here, I had the fortune to work with the great Geoff Thompson at Birmingham planning department when they were clearing out their offices, I also came across the same selection of photos and slides that were been thrown out and could only work out later why the number of pictures kept...
Back