• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Erdington Grammar School

I was the new intake in 1969 in the wake of the new scientists of the year! Pity as science (apart from biology with the lovely Miss Francis) was not my best subject. Miss Bernice Hill was the wise and wonderful headmistress. We had links with KEGS for drama and disco nights at Aston. Only...
  2. S

Erdington Grammar School

Hi Sue 1969 - 1974
  3. S

Erdington Grammar School

Hi Sue, yes those teachers taught my Mom, she remembers them! How dedicated they must have been to teaching, as I'm sure they could have retired at 60. It was clearly a school tradition to entertain the pupils, as they did something similar in the first year I was there. Could possibly have...
  4. S

Erdington Grammar School

Miss Hill's first name was Bernice. Awarded OBE. I found her obituary in The Birmingham Post in the early 90s. She was a Blue Stocking, French was her subject. She took up the post of headmistress as a fairly young woman, when my Mom was a pupil there circa 1949. I was at the school 1969 - 1974...
Back