• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

Thank you Nomad. How did you know them?
  2. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

Thank you for sharing that story. I’ve got a 1950’s record player in my house now and I bought that from a second hand shop.
  3. F

Bateman, Icknield Street. Hockley.

I don’t know.
  4. F

I believe the shop was 267
  5. F

Thank you, I have seen that and plan to print it. The information that was posted further down the thread provided a bit more info which lead me to this thread too.
  6. F

I appreciate this is a really old thread. I am the I appreciate this is an old thread but I am the great granddaughter of the Mrs Bateman referred to above that had the shop. My Nan, Lil, took over the shop, it was called W E Busby then and I am looking for photos of the shop. I’m not sure if...
  7. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

I would really appreciate that, thank you
  8. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

I have been looking for a photo like this for so long. Thank you very much Lyn.
  9. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

Lillian Busby ne Bateman Yes, that is her, thank you. That’s really helpful as this article says that her shop was in Icknield Street. Thank you
  10. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

Lillian Busby ne Bateman
  11. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

Thank you for coming back to me. Icknield street rings a bell but I can’t be sure.
  12. F

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

My Nan ran what I believe was called Busby’s Bric-a-Brac shop in the 1940’s/1950’s in Hockley, Birmingham. She told lots of stories of her time owning and running the shop and for a long time she had the till in her kitchen that we played with growing up. I hoped someone may know of the shop...
Back