• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. john70

BBC 1 tonight No. 11 route

I have been told that on BBC 1 tonight at 7 30 there is a programme about the No. 11 bus route. I can get it here in Somerset on Sky 979 so hope the info. is correct.
  2. john70

Great Railway Adventure

A new series begins tonight at 9pm on Sky National Geographic Channel 526 advertised as The great untold drama of British Railways.
  3. john70

Aston Manor Museum

I was sent this cutting from the "Mail", must be a very big worry to the owners of vehicles stored there, and a loss to Birmingham as its a very interesting museum.
  4. john70

First Driving Lesson

I had my first driving lesson in 1955 in an Austin A40 Somerset with the Warwickshire School of Motoring, they had an office on the Stratford Road allmost opposite Farm Road, it was a Pound a lesson and I remember my instructor was Jim Smith, I paid up front for 12 lessons which included my...
  5. john70

Niederzwfhren cemetery

Here are four photo,s of the cemetery in Germany where my great uncle Thomas is buried, he was taken prisoner and died in captivity when he was only 17, by all accounts he joined the Warwicks when he heard that his brother George had been killed. He lived in Lily Rd. Yardley.
  6. john70

Sketchley cleaners

This is a photo of a van I drove for Sketchley,s in 1960/61, I used to collect and deliver household goods for all the Birmingham area shops.
  7. john70

Caves Coaches

Anyone remember Caves coaches from Solihull Lodge?.
  8. john70

First Motorbike

Dad allway,s had motorbikes after he came out of the army after the war, so I couldn,t wait for my 16th. birthday when I could have my own. It was a Francis Barnett 125, that looking back I think dad chose on purpose for me, as it wouldnt pull your hat off, and top speed was 37 MPH. I had it for...
  9. john70

Grendon Rd./ Wheelers Ln.

I started school in 1942 as a five year old, at Grendon Rd. infants and junior, Kings Heath, the school was of wooden construction. The same day my friend Micheal Terry started school, and we are still friends now and in regular contact,allthough he now lives in Belfast, and I live in...
  10. john70

B,ham bus museums

Anyone interested in B C T or Midland Red buses may like to look at two websites. amrtm.org is Aston Manor museum, and www.bammot.org.uk is the Whythall transport museum.
  11. john70

help please

My ggg, grandfather died in Dudley Rd. workhouse in 1874, and I am trying to find where he was buried. anyone any idea,s please.
Back