• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Help with these roads & streets please!

As you can see it looks like Desborough but can't find reference from it anywhere. This is from a 1951 marriage cert
  2. J

I suppose looking at it now it could be St Andrews but the writing is very unclear on the birth certificate of 1899. Right so if this is, 2 Church Grove, St Andrews Road - does this still exist and does anybody know what type of housing this would be / would have been? Im not looking for any...
  3. J

Hi MikeJee, Thanks for the map, thats a great find - where would i be able to get the full map from? Do you know what type of housing this would have been, terraced etc?
  4. J

Could anybody help with the following streets and road names, some of which i can't locate on present day maps. These have been found on birth certs etc: 2 Church Grove, D'Audreus Road, Aston (circa 1899) 4 Leicester Place, Grace Road, Bordesley, Aston, B'ham (circa 1911) 6 Desborough...
  5. J

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Hi, You could well be right about photo number 1. He attended Mill Meece Training Centre in 1952. I did know of the location of the second photo, the fire station clock being the big clue but my family have never been sure of the year. A similar photo was included in the Birmingham City Police...
  6. J

Old Boy & George1468, I am very pleased to have come across two people who knew of my Grandad, PC Kerim Blakeman. As you will see i have only just joined this forum and i posted on the slim chance that someone out there knew him and used this forum. I had heard he was sometimes called Ken by...
  7. J

Edit. This thread covers Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974 For West Midlands Police 1974 onwards see this thread https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/west-midlands-police-1974-onwards.40866/...
Back