• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Frothblower

10 Years Wow!

I can't believe it's been 10 years today since I joined this great forum. 10 years and not been banned:p
  2. Frothblower

Erdington Fire Station

Can someone decipher this Foundation Stone on Erdington fire station. There are a few words I'm stuck on. Thanks
  3. Frothblower

Ancient Order Of Froth Blowers

A lot of you know that I'm interested with an old 1920's organisation called- "The Ancient Order Of Froth Blowers." https://www.frothblowers.co.uk/ Just saw on another thread, "Summerhill Terrace" mentioned. The "Birmingham Medal Company" was based in Summerhill Terrace and the "BMC" made...
  4. Frothblower

Mike G

I can't believe it's been 4 years since we lost our mate Mike G ( Mike Guest ) Rest In Peace mate.
  5. Frothblower

Bcfc Tie 1949 - 50

Not very PC today but has anyone got any information about this tie. What was the occasion etc etc.Thanks
  6. Frothblower

Bhf Meet - February 2010 At The Stags Head

Just looking though some old photos, came across this one. February 2010 at the Stags Head.What a great meet this was. Few of our friends missing RIP
  7. Frothblower

Peter Walker Memorial Day

In memory of Peter Walker. A lovely and knowledgeable person. Well missed. RIP
  8. Frothblower

Mill Stones

I've lived in Erdington all my life but I have only just noticed the broken mill stones built into the old wall on Kingsbury road that used to be the wall for Glenthorne house, now Ardenleigh centre.
  9. Frothblower

Woodman New Canal Street

The Woodman in New canal street has reopened as a real ale pub :sneakiness:
  10. Frothblower

The Bull

A festive look for the beer pumps at The Bull today.
  11. Frothblower

Spoked wheel

Saw this wheel today, it's overlooks the canal by Kingsbury road near Cincinnati. I remember it turning around all time years ago. Can anyone tell me what company it was?
  12. Frothblower

Post Office Vaults pub ( Royal Mail)

The old Royal Mail pub, New street / Pinfold street is to reopen as a Real Ale pub renamed as the Post Office Vaults. I popped my head in today. They have a lot of work to do to open on 15 Dec. Would be nice if some of you could put a message on their web site Guestbook...
  13. Frothblower

Football Squad Grandson

This must be the biggest football squad ever. Castle Vale JKS fc. All the teams from under 7 to Under 21 and over. My Grandson Sean plays for the under 11 team. 3rd row 10th from the right, me and Cath are so proud of him:pride:
  14. Frothblower

Eric's (cookie273uk) Paintings

Just a thought. Members who own Eric's paintings could put them on here. Jeweller's Arms, Hockley Aston Hall, Aston
  15. Frothblower

The Bulls Head Stechford

The Bulls Head Stechford also known as the Manor House. Where I had my wedding reception.
  16. Frothblower

Video: Birmingham rogues

Very good and interesting video from youtube. Felt sorry for the kids though. Thanks to idowish12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqYU4NbzEPk
  17. Frothblower

Bromford Tubes

Anyone got any photos of the Bromford Tubes factory on Bromford lane, especially the club where I spent most of my childhood. Thanks
  18. Frothblower

Bus on Argle st

One for the Bus enthusiasts. This Bus was parked up by where I work in Argle street:) Sorry I didn't get the Reg, I took the photos in works time:rolleyes:
  19. Frothblower

Bate

I've already found out a lot about my Father's side of my family but I know little of my mom's side. Her Name was Lily Bate or Bates liiving at 3 Bromley street 1929 when she got married. Her dad was George Bates. Any information would be gratefuly received.Thanks:)
  20. Frothblower

Posters

Apologies if this photo as been on the forum before, but I found it very interesting. It reads.... " The activities of Birmingham 1868 to 1869, preserved for all time by the contemporary camera of Sir Benjamin Stone."
Back