• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

The Kingstanding

Well bu**er me! That's 10 minutes walk away, opposite the Police Station
  2. M

Ernest Malin

Mom has Ernest's war records, he wasn't in Greece. He was sent to France mid-1916 (the Somme I believe), and was invalided out towards the end of that year following injury. Then, as you say, he died in 1918 from Influenza contracted during the epidemic.
  3. M

The Kingstanding

How the hell have I never noticed that in the last 30+ years? Do you know if it was filled in completely? Are there any pictures of inside? I'm into my WWII history.
  4. M

The Kingstanding

I live not far from here and I agree, it's gone to rack and ruin. There was a lot of talk surrounding the pub arson attack and the supermarket planning request being declined just days before - coincidence maybe? The whole precinct is, and always was, an eyesore. Most of the leases have now...
  5. M

Great Barr Colony

Yes it is true. I believe it was around 1960-ish and around Halloween time. Cynthia Stride was apparently the victim, she lived on Queslett Road just a few houses away from the main entrance.
  6. M

Ernest Malin

Janmal, I have sent you a message. I am the grandson of Leonard, b.1910. Ernest has proven rather elusive in our efforts to trace his roots so it would be good to swap info.
Back