• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

GLASTONBURY

Good to see Robert Plant at Glastonbury over the weekend. Still remember going to the Shepton Mallet festival in 1970, the forerunner of Glastonbury. Still remember having a pint of " rough and black " at Mothers in Erdington with Robert Plant, John Bonhan and John Peel. Must be getting old and...
  2. C

Good classical music on YouTube

I've just found this thread so I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked/answered. How old does music have to be to be "classed " as Classical ?
  3. C

Baldwin Family

I remember your Dad, he came away with us on a large family holiday to Butlins the one year,I think it was to Bognor Regis. I wasn't very old but I travelled back home with him and Laurie and was very sick all over the back seat of the car.
  4. C

Restaurants In Birmingham 1960s

I worked at J.W. Hinks and Co. but they were in Smethwick. I left in 1987.
  5. C

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Yes we all came out of Saturday morning pics like that.
  6. C

Covid vaccination process

I wonder how many " volunteers " they had to test out a Russian manufactured vaccine ?
  7. C

I agree, there is perhaps too much information, or opinion, but it was explained to me like if you choose to take Paracetamol you wouldn't necessarily only take one brand as all brands achieve the same result.
  8. C

There is no evidence to suggest that mixing the different types of vaccines will have an adverse effect, in fact it has been suggested that it could be beneficial to have different types.
  9. C

Old style food still going strong

At Christmas I fried the sprouts with lardons and chestnuts but forgot to blanch the sprouts first, the chestnuts and lardons were edible !
  10. C

Just had some with egg, bacon, toms. mushrooms, hash browns and fried bread.
  11. C

This thread is beginning to sound like a scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Frozen Monkey Brains anyone ?
  12. C

Left handed rifle

This thread reminds me of when I started working at the Post Office (BT) and the " Old Hands " would send us new youngsters to the stores for a Left handed Hammer !
  13. C

Hurst Street S.M.A.G.

Small Heath Angling Club ?
  14. C

Memories : Tribute to old Birmingham

Yes you are right, and even more so when you buried them in the garden for a couple of weeks, what was that all about ?
  15. C

Isn't it strange how your clothes shrink over the years !
  16. C

Old age distorts the memory remember.
  17. C

I remember Zissmans as being the go to outfitters, and then Cecil Gee for more " up market" clothing
  18. C

My great Uncle worked at Birmingham fish market, I remember going the once and being introduced to early morning drinking in the pub and colourfull language !
  19. C

Summerfield Park

Does anyone remember the Bonfire Nights there, I went as a Kid and then took my own children there.
  20. C

Telephone history: Telephone Service in Birmingham

Yes, afraid so. When I worked in the Exchanges they was also plenty exposed asbestos lagging.
Back