• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Hi Di Sorry for the long delay in replying to you , bad manners but I have been truly busy. I remember your brother and vaguely remember Carol I think she was around my age ....I was 7 at the coronation.... Hazel Kent ( Kench ) was my first ever G / F , her brother was a good friend of you...
  2. Ozbrum

Pubs And Clubs Of The 70s And 80s

Wasn’t it called The Elbow Room , down by the Aston Hip / Barton’s Arms ?
  3. Ozbrum

Many a good night at the Locarno and Rum Runner . Also the Shamrock club round the corner from the Locarno.
  4. Ozbrum

Think there was a Royal George up past the Barrel in Summer Lane A
  5. Ozbrum

1970's PUBS GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I think long before Rodway Close ...the pub was on the corner of Frankfurt street , was a Dares house , I think this later became Devonports. Lord Byron and Duke of Cambridge were my locals ...John and Jo had the Byron Albert
  6. Ozbrum

Lyn We must have crossed paths... the Lamlighter... friends of mine were regulars ...O’connors , Roy Breeze both lived opposite Stag , Peter Aldridge , Johnny O’Connor , Stan Evans , Banger , Good memories , I must have met your sister... Keep well Alber
  7. Ozbrum

Do you refer to White House up towards Hockley fly over or the one near Summer Lane school ? Albert
  8. Ozbrum

Guildford Street Lozells

Going on memory only which is pretty good , I lived in Paddington street , distinctly recall walking up towards Guildford street , pass the outdoor on the corner , next street on right was Kensington street , then uphill to the next street , Denmark street and on the first corner was the Barbers...
  9. Ozbrum

Lennox Street

Brummy lad , Fantastic....thanks so much Will drag out my g/f birth certificate. See what the house number is. A coincidence is , the position of the photographer would have been in or close to the house of my friend Alan ( floss) Wickham. Astoness...you are a gem !
  10. Ozbrum

Lennox Street

Would this be behind the brook Tavern ? If so , my grandfather was born there in 1875 3 friends lived there at about the time of this picture Alan Wickham , Ray Davis and Leo Veitch
  11. Ozbrum

Guildford Street Lozells

Thinking this was the barbers shop on the corner
  12. Ozbrum

Lozells Road, Shops, Pubs, Businesses etc

aThird photo up , I rember this one on corner of Chain walk , in the late 50s was a coffee shop italian , lovely looking young lady about my age of 12 Lived there , my elder brothers best mate lived in the walk , i used to ferry messages between them from our house in Paddington...
  13. Ozbrum

Lozells Road, Shops, Pubs, Businesses etc

Bought my first suit there in 1962 ! Always liked the place.
  14. Ozbrum

Gower Street Boys and Girls Schools

I see Furnace Lane , We called this part of the three gulley’s , started at Porchester street , crossed Clifford street and one other , hence “ three gulleys “ Albert Clayton
  15. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Hi Susan.... Sorry so late in this post.... how the years roll on ! We lived in 39 from around 1952 until 1959 . A Harry Wheeler was a good friend of me dads.
  16. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Was there a Geoffrey Causer ?
  17. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Dave, Carey’s Family , lived next to Kench family. Elder sister Bedridden one who died about 1956 Tim Graham Barbara Pauline Dennis Janet Kind regards Albert
  18. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Great photo Dave ...what year ? Would appreciate a copy if you have others.... I was always playing on that Peck and am sure I would have known some of those folks. Albert
  19. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

John I think you are correct. The lamppost on the left ( gas when I was a kid) is in the right spot....I climbed it many times !
  20. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Yes ! I was there.... there were two street parties , one at the top by Davis coal yard the other at the bottom, I was at the top one and I do recall a photo , I think our mom bought one.... but long disappeared Just going through my memory bank .. In Paddo, there were two outdoors , one at...
Back