• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

The Gazeys of Weston Sub-Edge, Glos.

Too right MWS ... but frustrating! Stargazey
  2. S

PS from Stargazey to the post above. The children of Walter George 1859 and his wife Ellen 1861, are listed in Findmypast as Garyers ... Joseph, Ellen, Thomas and Jane. This might just be a spelling mistake or mishearing, but it might have hampered the search in some cases. Stargazey
  3. S

I wanted to post something that has cropped up in my Gazey Tree, about George Gazey 1802, George Gazey Jnr 1834, and Walter George Gazey 1833, as I have seen posts chasing these people and/or their descendants. George Gazey 1802-1875 was borne to Jane Gazey 1778, who was the first child of...
  4. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Hello Lynn, it’s Stargazey. Would you know if Pat Heming is still a member of the BHF? Just now I looked again at exchanges on the General Discussion Forum - where I originally saw Gingerjohns enquiry about John Gazey - and saw that a Pat Heming replied to him in 2009 about her Gazey ancestors...
  5. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Hi Lynn ... how do I access the msg?
  6. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Hi Lynn ... just to report that - at last - I have cracked it! It wasn’t Moses and Ann in Bulkington, that were the parents of John Gazey, it was Thomas Gazey 1752 and Mary Powers 1752 in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire. I did have some help from The Midland Ancestors Shop in Birmingham. £5...
  7. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Ps Bulkington, I read, had a big cottage industry in ribbon weaving. An off shoot from nearby Coventry’s silk weavers (J & S Cash who produced clothes labels were in Coventry). It ended when a large group (Huguenot descendants I think) sailed off to Canada. But was latter revived in an...
  8. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Hi All! And so happy to receive replies from such a large number of you! Thank you! ... Even tho some of you may have no direct connection with this Gazey tree of mine. Lynn has been v v helpful with my progression back to a Bulkington family, Warks, and I thank her for that. But in response...
  9. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Cheers! Hope to hear from you again! Stargazey
  10. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

11. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Hello Lynn ... Its Stargazey (actually Janet Wallac nee Millard as I was in Brum). Wanted to tell you that it looks like you are right about Moses and Ann being John Gazey’s Dad. Learnt recently that the 1841 Census rounded down all dobs by 5 years, so my John Gaze’s dob was more likely to be...
  12. S

Bordesley green

Hi there ... think a little bit more info is needed here if you’re going to get to the bottom of your Q, particularly ... where in BG she got off the bus!? Good Luck!
  13. S

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

It’s Stargazey here .... and I would like to reply to Kenneth Wanstall as well as SylviaSayers. My ‘going out dancing’ career started very quietly at the Church Youth Club on Hodgehill Common about the time the Beatles had their first hit. And being at Hodgehill School, which I overlooked the...
  14. S

Bordesley green

... forgot to sign off ... Stargazey
  15. S

Bordesley green

I was brought home from Loveday Street Hospital to 19 Colonial Road in November 1947. One of the worst winters on record. I had a long association with that house because my sister (10 years older than me) took it over with her husband in about 1960 and had her twin girls there. They were looked...
  16. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

OR .... was his Aunt Elizabeth Houghton ... I cant quite remember! Stargazey
  17. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

I agree. Actually nothing seems to be normal with this particular John Gazy! I am hoping and waiting for a reply from Gingerjohn, who posted a long time ago of getting stuck at the same point as me. His aunt was the sister of Elizabeth Houghton who married the son of John 1970/1 son. Meanwhile...
  18. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Thank you very much. I think I came across the Moses family at some point. But I was concerned, taking into account John did marry Mary Ann Duzmore in 1822, that with at a dob of 1790 John would have been 32, and at 1787 he would have been 35. Its very late in these times not to marry until that...
  19. S

John Gaze 1791... help!?

Read that Gingerjohn became was stuck (in 2009) at John Gaze 1790/1, who marries Mary Ann Duzmore in 1822 in St Martins in the Bullring. I am too! I am the granddaughter of Elizabeth Gazey 1878-1935, and I have been chasing the Gaze/Gazey/Gazay/Gazy/Gaze tree for the past 6 months. John Gaze...
Back