• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

Mike/Chris/Keith Trust you are all well. Mike ,on the swimming team photo Malcolm Foley is actually 2nd from left on the 2nd row down. Don't know who that is behind him. I mentioned in an earlier post that Malcolm ,Tony Collett and I remained friends for life. Chris you mentioned earlier about...
  2. P

Hi Keith/Mike Recognise some faces on the photo. Behind Keith is Malcolm Foley. Back row 4th from lift is Malcolm Beard? On Keith’s left is Dick Butler. I can remember his dad had a really smart car -a Rover. Sometimes when I was waiting at the bus stop in Handsworth they would stop and I’d get...
  3. P

Hi Keith I remember the BOG very well! Also I think part of the run was along Knightlow Rd. I have posted some photos from our first year at the school form 1D How they managed to get every single pupil smiling was remarkable. The other couple of photos are from the first stage production put on...
  4. P

Hi Keith I (Peter Hession) posted the rugby photo and form 2D photo. I managed to find a photo of the 61/62 team. You don't appear on it but I definitely remember both you and John Flowers playing. You are right the only game we lost was against Moseley. They gave us a bit of a lesson in three...
  5. P

Couple of photos attached. School rugby team 60/61. Form 2D 58/59 The rugby team merged with the year above in 61/62 which included the likes of Mike Fenton at fly half and Ray Parry at centre.I played scrum half and of course Phelps was full back. We had some really tough games against the...
Back