• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Handsworth Dairies

It was called the "Tiller-bar" I was a fitter servicing those vehicles. I remember one very cold winter when I needed to move the vehicle by road to another depot. The Tiller-bar was very handy to steer the vehicle with my knees as my hands were in my pockets, it was too cold! 5-mph was all it...
  2. A

Handsworth Dairies

Do you know what happened to Mr John White? he was the Transport Manager.
  3. A

Handsworth Dairies

I remember servicing that vehicle, boy! do they last....
  4. A

Handsworth Dairies

Hi. I remember "Tetrapak" being installed at the dairy, it was done by American fitters. I was an Electric vehicle fitter at the site, actually, an apprentice from 1970-74. I also remember John White Snr. being a Director.
  5. A

Handsworth Dairies

I knew Bill Clifford, for a time, I worked at the Bromsgrove depot as an Electric Vehicle fitter (catshill depot)1970/74 Starting from Island Rd depot I would visit the small depot at catshill about 2 days each week.
  6. A

Handsworth Dairies

Hello, my name is Chris, I knew your father as I was an apprentice electric vehicle fitter from 1970 to 74. I started at the Island Rd depot in 74 under an engineer called Mr Cook. David White, or Mr David as we called him, was always very well dressed and very smart looking, I remember he drove...
Back