• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

(Nat) ??

Hi Does anyone know what (Nat) would mean in this context please. Best wishes Alison
  2. A

Writing up family history

Hi Would anyone have any tips please on how to go about writing up family history. I have collected quite a few records from Ancestry but have no idea how to present the information in a way that makes sense. Do I write a page on each person, each family etc. I have no idea where to start...
  3. A

Sawdust dealer

Hi Would anyone know about Sawdust dealers in Birmingham from 1920's to 1940's please. Best wishes Alison
  4. A

1915 Kelly´s Directory of Birmingham

Hi I am quite new to using Trade Directories and I'm probably being dim, but I'm not sure why Great Hampton Row would be listed as 151 Constitution Hill or Great King Street as 163 Hockley Hill? Best wishes Alison
  5. A

Night soil man on 1871 census.

6. A

House Auctions

Hi I have found an address for a property, 35 Holly Road, Oldbury, and have found that it was to be sold at auction in 1988 at the Midland Hotel, Birmingham by Dixons. Does anyone know if there is anyway of finding anything out about the property please? Kind regards Alison
  7. A

Callow John Arthur James 1923-1989

Hi Family legend has it that John Arthur James CALLOW 1923-1989 was a boxer in Birmingham. Would anyone have any information on him or suggest where I might find any information about him please. Kind regards Alison :)
  8. A

William Callow, Green Grocer, 104 Holyhead Road, Handsworth 1910-1920s

Hi Would anyone have any information about a Green Grocers shop at the above address please. Best wishes Alison
Back