• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Ruud

Gedge

Thank you for this. Can we email? [email protected]
  2. Ruud

Gedge

I am doing resaerch on 45 fallen airmen from WWII that lie buried near my hometown in the Netherlands. One of them is Sergeant Edward Gedge of Erdington, Birmingham. He was the son of Edward and Dora and husband to Dorothy. He worked as a chartered accountant. His plane did not return on...
  3. Ruud

Sgt Edward Gedge RAF

Already a lot of information, thank you. My goal is to find a picture of Sgt Gedge. Of the 43 airmen now 24 pictures are found. At a school's Roll of Honour, a local newspaper sometimes adds a picture in their announcements. I guess that would be a place to search.
  4. Ruud

Sgt Edward Gedge RAF

Interesting, Cambridge Junior Local . Is that the proper name of the school? I can only find St.Mary's Junior School which is a girls school.
  5. Ruud

Sgt Edward Gedge RAF

Well, thank you!
  6. Ruud

Sgt Edward Gedge RAF

Thank you for this information. Could it be possible there is/was a roll of honour from a school he visited?
  7. Ruud

Sgt Edward Gedge RAF

I am doing research on 43 airmen that lie burried near my hometown the Netherlands. One of them is Sergeant Edward Gedge form Erdington, Birmingham. Sgt Gedge was a bomb aimer on Lancaster JB609 PH-f from No. 12 Sqn RAF. The airplane crashed on 20 February 1944 in a field near the village of...
Back