• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. W

Adderley & Cherrywood Schools

i was at Cherrywood at the same time as yourself - 68-72 - There was also Miss Cheeney (needlework) Mr and Mrs Jones (english) Mr Gwinnett was my form teacher he was a really great and laid back teacher, I met him many years later managing a community project. - Mrs Cheeney was also very...
  2. W

INMANS 1911 CENSUS - LIVING AT 48 WOLSLEY STREET, BORDESLEY

Earnest Arther appears to have been born in Railway Terrace Aston in 1905 - have found a entry from Birth so will send for his birth certificate, have looked into Innis family to see if any "out of wedlock" births but have drawn a blank, its bit of a conundrum - Wolsley street Bordesley and...
  3. W

INMANS 1911 CENSUS - LIVING AT 48 WOLSLEY STREET, BORDESLEY

1911 censu listed are Pricilla and samuel Inman and children - Fredrick, William, Henry, Lily and my grandfather as adopted child of 4. years, again in 1939 it would appear my grandfather is still living there with his own family. any information appreciated many thanks
  4. W

The Tilt Hammer

I remember the tilt hammer as a child in the mid sixties, my uncle Pete McEvoy used to drink in there, he used to take my nan Ruby in there and sometimes we would go with them, we loved it he would pass a beer jug round ( getting a few coppers for the kids)he used to say, we used to buy...
  5. W

Cockshut Hill School

Mmm not sure about that - i was 13 years old//////
  6. W

Cockshut Hill School

i was there from 68 to 71 - All the Teachers you listed were still there and Morgan was still introducing Silvester in his unique fashion - i went from the security and happiness of St Benedict's to the horror of being caned by Morgan on my first day for talking in class, my father died and 3...
  7. W

Cockshut Hill School

there between 1968 -1972 paul manders - anyone out there????
  8. W

Cockshut Hill School

Does anyone remember one Teacher (edit to remove name) and how sadistic he was with his pump and cane, i remember an instant when he marked a child with a cane and that child's mother came storming into the class and gave him what for.... happy day in the life of a frightened child.
  9. W

Topless barmaids in brum

i used the Monica in the early 70,s and lived in little Green Lane. With a degree of confidence i believe the first topless barmaids were at the Atlas pub - Bordesley Green, i remember it caused quite a neighbourhood stir., the Monica used to do Sunday strip show, i remember this well...
  10. W

MARLBOROUGH ROAD SCHOOL SMALLHEATH

Does anyone know how long school records are archived and where to access them, my husband and i have been together for 45 years now in our mid sixties, we believe that we both commenced our primary school years at Marlborough road school at the same time in 1962. Many thanks
Back