• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. N

Tubes Limited

It's nice to read that others had good memories of their time working in the forge. And remembering the decent hard working guys who made the forging department a pleasant place to work, Do you remember in the forging office we had that production board that supposed to track the jobs from...
  2. N

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Have really fond memories of silver blades Birmingham. I went there from 1966 thru to 1968. Didn't have much to do with any one who worked there or the mohawks. But did most my growing up in as much as we managed under age drinking and meeting girls happy days. Unfortunately in that growing up...
  3. N

Tubes Limited

Hi Bazz looked at your pictures I see dated 2006. I was definitely there then even though I know I took a lot of time off. I wonder who the person was that let you look around? The pictures seem to show a lot of the stocks that we couldn't get rid of. By the way the company then was called...
  4. N

Tubes Limited

Hello I do remember Trevor Medland. Very outgoing and optimistic.i seem to remember he had a liking for cars? Do you know how he is at the moment? Colin Baird was a nice man always helpful. In the 1990s he had a spate of illness first gullstones then he had a heart bypass so I think he had to...
  5. N

Tubes Limited

Hello again Bazz. When you emigrated to Scotland which I calculated to be about 1977/78 nothing much changed in the forge for a few years. In fact there were a couple of years when the forge were financing the whole of the TITubes site with an order for the oil industry. In fact Cheston road...
  6. N

Tubes Limited

Hi Bazz I too worked in the foreman's office the same time as you. I remember you leaving for Scotland. My name is Norman. I worked with Don, George and Bill. I stayed with the forge until it's demise in the crash of 2008. After the end of the tubes business. The forge was the only thing to...
Back