• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Evacuation of France 1940

I waited about 6 months. They are unbelievably slow and Covid is just another excuse for them to be slow I am afraid. But when I got the record I found it very useful and interesting although you need to try to understand some of the shorthand used for this and that but you'll manage I am sure.
  2. S

Evacuation of France 1940

My father was evacuated from Dunkirk on 1st or 2nd June 1940. Like many of those in WW2, he told me virtually nothing about the war and Dunkirk. I have researched his army records however and have pieced together his movements. He as in the Royal Army Medical Corps and had wanted to train to...
  3. S

Bombing of Ash Road Saltley

My name is actually Dennis (Sennid is backwards!). Yes I was talking about St Saviour's. It is opposite number 117 Ash Road. I am sorry that the story is a little disturbing: I understand why. On the positive side the churchyard is quite large and so the chances would be limited to some degree...
  4. S

Bombing of Ash Road Saltley

My grandparents lived in 117 Ash Road during the 39-45 war and my grandmother lived until there until 1963 when she died. Her name was Kathleen Mary Parker (nee Sherwin born in Dublin) and my grandfather, who died in the early 5Os, was William Henry Parker. Both were ARP wardens and my father...
Back