• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Difficult, isn’t it!
  2. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Two Ford 8 Model 7Y, 1937+. Facing away is DeLuxe model, steel spare wheel cover and running boards, facing camera is Standard model, no running boards. In the side street, a 30s Rover, I think, unless it’s a Bentley, but no flying “B” on the radiator cap. At the back of the picture, 1939 Morris...
  3. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Austin Ten Lichfield. OW6582.
  4. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Morris Eight Series 1, 1935-37 BNP25.
  5. Johnfromstaffs

Jay Blades : The Midlands Through Time

Since you all seem to be happy with his presentation I hope I'm not introducing too much of a note of dissent when I say that I struggle with Jay Blades presenting a programme about the West Midlands. Have we not got a suitable personality amongst us or is it the Londoncentric programme makers...
  6. Johnfromstaffs

Smethwick

Thanks for that, Derek. It’s nice to know that, even after 50 years, the old brain is still retaining some decent stuff! I spent the last 20 odd years of my working life in Shropshire, bit different from Dudley, but some interesting watering holes around Telford in the places that remain untouched.
  7. Johnfromstaffs

Smethwick

I’ve just googled “Ben Russell’s pub Sedgley”. It was really called The Junction.
  8. Johnfromstaffs

Smethwick

Sorry for the delay, but early 70s I worked in Dudley and consumed a drop or two of Pardoe’s best. There was another, more modern Pardoe’s pub, the White Swan, is that still open? We also used a pub in Sedgley which boasted a huge collection of Scotch brands, the pub was known to us as Ben...
  9. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Nice! But, not the Drophead Coupé. That had straight tops to the doors and a different configuration of the hood. https://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/prefect-coupe.htm From the above: - In addition to saloon and drop-head coupe versions of the Prefect, Ford offered a "sports tourer", also a...
  10. Johnfromstaffs

Rivers: River Tame

Levelling what?
  11. Johnfromstaffs

I’ve recently watched the Paul Whitehouse two part documentary on BBC I-player, which is on this subject. That the Hampshire Test, of all rivers, is suffering, beggars belief.
  12. Johnfromstaffs

Having listened to an article on the BBC R4 programme this morning it now seems my optimistic comment (27/02/21) about the state of inland waters was misplaced. It appears that the River Wye, one of the U.K. treasures, is now all but a cess pool. The wholesale use of chicken excrement as a...
  13. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Having taken a further look, I was of the same opinion. Another point of identification is the pressed crease in the body starting just under the lower fixing for the landau iron, and running down to the boot lid. It seems to be a feature of the Ford Coupés and would have to have been...
  14. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

This is the Tourer.
  15. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Well, he wasn’t wrong was he?
  16. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

You are almost absolutely right. This is a prewar Ford Prefect E93A Drophead Coupé, on the long wheelbase chassis which was introduced in 1937 to replace the slightly smaller barrel shaped Ten Model C. There were two types of open 10hp Fords built between 1937 and 1939, the Tourer, which had a...
  17. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

The possible Morris is really not clear enough to my eyes to decide yes or no. Sorry.
  18. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

Yes, my Dad’s Ford Ten Model C, AHP977, spent the war on blocks in his Uncle Jack’s garage in Oldbury. Dad was in Egypt.
  19. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

The parked car is without doubt a 1937/8 Austin Ten Cambridge four door six light saloon.
  20. Johnfromstaffs

Is This Your Motor?

1937 Austin 10 Cambridge. Overtaking car is a bit too fuzzy for accurate identification. Twin D shaped rear windows are the best way to tell its a Cambridge. You can see one masked headlight, and the white circles on the front wings, proving that it’s a wartime picture. Wonder where they got the...
Back