• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Baskerville residential school/ hospital Yewcroft School

Hi, There's another thread runnung with information about the school - I think it's Baskerville Residential School / hospital. Also you might be interested in this YouTube clip of the school in the 60's showing daily life in the school / hospital and the start of buildng work for the new school...
  2. C

Hi, Have just found this YouTube clip of Baskerville in the 60's that I'm sure you'll all be interested in ! It shows life in the school at the time and also the start of the building work for the new school. You may even recognise yourself or someone you knew! Enjoy...
  3. C

Hi Chris. Thanks for the photo - it's absolutely stunning! Although the ground on which the main house was built no longer belongs to us (it was sold off by the local authority and is now a small housing estate!) the grounds and some parts of the ornamental gardens do. We still have the small...
  4. C

Hi. Have just joined as I am currently Assistant Headteacher at Baskerville School. We are now a residential school for youngsters aged 11-19yrs with Autism and as part of the city's Building Schools for the Future programme we are due to have a major refurbishment/rebuild. As part of the...
  5. C

Hi. Have just joined as I am currently Assistant Headteacher at Baskerville School. We are now a school for youngsters aged 11-19yrs with Autism and as part of the city's Building Schools for the Future programme we are due to have a major refurbishment/rebuild. As part of the process our...
Back