• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Church Lane and Church Road, Aston

Thank you, I know this is part of the Tubes, Im looking for Bromford tubes on Bromford lane erdington. My Grandfather used to work there in the 50'S
  2. J

Church Lane and Church Road, Aston

this is a very long shot as I see this post was in 2011 (12 years ago!) Has anyone got a photo of bromford tube works?
  3. J

Nechells

Anyone know what road this was on?
  4. J

Valor Heating

Yes it is Valour, the stantions are in the same place as is the press shop. The floor was filled in with concrete later in the 60's and the production lines turned 90 degrees all 16 of them.
  5. J

Valor Heating

Absolutely yes, I was the pressings manager for about 5 years there from 1994-1999 working under Phil Morel & director Steve Everitt. It was a great place to work & probably one of the best places I have ever worked for so many reasons. My grandmother, auntie & mother worked there 40 years...
  6. J

Ash and Lacey

How Odd hearing the name Valor! I was their (Valor's) in-house Pressings manager from 1994-1999 from which i moved to Scotland. I remember Ash & Lacey and most of the other Press workers I bought stuff in from. As a business Valor had few Presses ranging from 30Ton to 400ton, some pre-war but...
  7. J

Old street pics..

That is upper & lower Sutton Parade
  8. J

Holborn Hill

Hi Kim, Would you have any photos of the housing on Holborn hill? Im trying to get some for the Mother-in-law who grew up there ? She currently has terminal Cancer & would like to see it again. Unfortunately I live in scotland so can't get to the Library in Brum.
  9. J

Old street pics..

Hi True Brummie Have you or do you know of any photos of Holborn hill around the 1950's? Im looking for my mother-in-law who has terminal cancer? She would like to walk down memory lane from where she grew up as a child.
  10. J

NATIONAL TRUST BACK TO BACKS AND MEMORIES OF OUR BACK TO BACKS

Hi Guy's Yes the house's (back to back) with the courtyard are the house that were restored by British heratage these are the ones my father helped to rebuild. They were very specific about who worked on the & they had to be rebuilt using the same hand tool processes. I will be visiting my...
  11. J

NATIONAL TRUST BACK TO BACKS AND MEMORIES OF OUR BACK TO BACKS

The Back to Backs in Hurst street Brum, My father made the windows for these (by hand) when they were refurbished by the British heratage. about 20 years ago. My father David Hurst is an excellent joiner although just entering his 80's now he is a staunch Brummie!
  12. J

Nechells Park Secondary Modern School Charles Arthur St School

Thank you very much. Although I now live in Scotland I do miss Brum very much. My mother had a cafe in Erdington high st for many years & when the opportunity arises I visit. Once again thanks very much.
  13. J

Would know of any photos of Charles authur st school? Trying to get one for my father.
  14. J

Just curious guys, Has anyone got a photo of the Charles Authur street school? My Gran went there so im trying to find a photo for my father. Journey66
Back