• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Springfield Street

My nan Gertrude (Gertie) Fenton nee Mobley/Lines, lived at 2 bk 48 Springfield Street. Ladywood. In 1955 my late mum Doris Fenton also lived there with her and her 'step-father' James Brayne. I am assuming my Aunt Edie Brayne & Uncle Jim Brayne were also there but not showing on the electoral...
  2. C

Springfield Street

3. C

Gordon Street

I found all of these post very interesting, I have an ancestor who lived at NMo 9 Gordon Street from 1911 up to his death in 1931 (Joseph Stonier Dishley). His wife was Elizabeth and they had a son call William and a daughter Florence, I am still in the process of researching the family so will...
  4. C

William Cowper Street School

Thank you that's really kind. Fingers crossed Cheryl
  5. C

William Cowper Street School

The attachment referenced in this thread (7916) appears to be broken. Can anyone tell me if the photo is still on here please? I did a search but did not have much success but then again I am a newbie to this site. My late mother attended Cowper street I am assuming between 1935-1944 so would...
  6. C

Remember Lozell's Street in 1930's

Thank you that's very kind. Cheryl
  7. C

Thank you Lyn, at least I can confirm that fact in my records. I will just keep searching and watching for any photos that may appear.
  8. C

Call I can comment is that my grandparents Gertrude & Leslie Fenton lived at No. 10 in 1930, would love to find out a bit more myself.
Back