• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Cookie55

Bordesley Green Fire Station

I remember it well when I worked there in the 1990s it was a transport firm then by the name of Road Runners ( security )
  2. Cookie55

Handsworth Dairies

Vehicle based at Perry Barr
  3. Cookie55

Villa Street Lozells

Villa Cottage was a builders yard by the mid 1970s, by the name of Price’s, I used to work opposite at what was Padmores, then, Edwards Brothers Windscreen Services, I can’t recall seeing the cottage at the time.
  4. Cookie55

High Street Aston

5. Cookie55

High Street Aston

6. Cookie55

Roundsman - Milkman, Coalman and Other Home-delivery Providers)

during the 1920s on Thimble mill lane there was a dairy called, Gearings, has anyone ever heard of such a place.??
  7. Cookie55

High Street Aston

8. Cookie55

Villa Street Lozells

sounded like a man of character
  9. Cookie55

Villa Street Lozells

Great memories of Villa street Eric
  10. Cookie55

Villa Street Lozells

it wasn’t there in the mid to late 1970s because i remember it as a builders yard.
  11. Cookie55

Kingstanding

High street Aston looking down towards the Globe picture house aka the flea pit.
  12. Cookie55

Kingstanding

also the place of my birth, 99 High street, Aston. the tallest house in the block of houses.
  13. Cookie55

Kingstanding

14. Cookie55

Kingstanding

15. Cookie55

Villa Street Lozells

Hiya Eric I remember it well, I never did like using the antiquated air operated car lift, whenever we did we always secured it with what I think? was a railway sleeper I think the compressor was as old as the garage. Our Bosses name at the time was Burt Walters, I’d have loved to have seen the...
  16. Cookie55

Walter Collins and the Beet family

17. Cookie55

Villa Street Lozells

As I remember, it wasn’t.
Back