• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. N

Prefabs

I lived in Stonehouse during WW2 and remember well the communal shelter which I often frequented with my family, my father was our local ARW, this later became Harry Webbs excellent brain child 'Stonehouse Gang'. I can also visualise the nissen huts and along with my mates having pudding...
  2. N

Ilmington road school, Weoley castle

My term at Ilmington Road would be 1946-1951 finished in class 4.2. I can remember Lipton (who bullied me) Wilkes and David Smith, memory fades after that
  3. N

I didn't realise until I failed my National Service I had a weak heart, and yet I loved my sport Football, Cricket, Badminton etc. oh well, life goes on. At least my mind is still active. Keep safe Derek
  4. N

Stonehouse Farm area

I can remember scrumping in the grounds of the farm, lovely fruit trees. Often got chased
  5. N

Not sure about Ken. I'm into my 80's. I was trying to remember my class teacher and it came to me over the weekend Mr Frank Marsh, fantastic story teller on most Friday afternoons towards end of day. I was in 4.2 couldn't quite manage 4.1. In those days our class size was in the lower end of 40...
  6. N

Just joined the forum. Didn't realise it existed. I was pupil at Ilmington Road School mid 40's. Head master Mr Puddiphat, he was a tyrant. Science teacher Jennings and Wynn wonderful art teacher, he used to paint his students at lunch time, great guy. Now I've found the site I will try and keep...
Back