• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Tile Cross Infants & Junior School Shiretone School

Hi there I remember you I think you went to whitesmore school and many years ago think we had a drink at the southern Cross pub on chelmsley wood town centre.as I said it was many years ago glad to see that your safe and well at this difficult moment in time.my name is malcolmsandford does that...
  2. M

Hi there mark did you live facing the bell pub think you had a name plate on your house.think you went to tile cross school with a couple of mates of mine Derek Shelley aka Zeke and bernard walford bunny sadly both no longer with us.hope you and your family are all safe and well at this...
  3. M

Ridpool Road Schools Lea Village Girls Secondary Modern

Hi there I went to ridpool road school in 1965 my teacher was mrs shaylor then mr hawker headmaster was mr Hughes.can remember a few names Susan millman.mark astle .Lee Smith,Robert ollerenshaw and Tommy pedwell his sister joy and my best mate bernard walford,and the Heinz brothers and trevor...
  4. M

Hi I went to shire stone school in 1967 can remember mr penny,mr mann he had one arm mr hartells a lovely man and mrs burr.i used to sit next to a girl named Terry cooper who's mom and dad owned the grocery shop on tile cross road.can remember raymond tullot Perry hogburn john skidmore.i played...
  5. M

Lea village secondary modern girls' school

Hi I can remember derek and roy roy had a bmw motor bike he used to of which I was get about on.i used to drink in the glebe and the glebe legion of which I was the secretary.my name is malcolm sandford aka spike.i left birmingham 25 years ago and now live in norfolk but I am always happy when I...
  6. M

Clear Hooters Ltd

Hi there my dad worked for clear Hooters and played football for them I still have his medals that he won playing for them.sorry I know it was in the 50s but exactly what year ime not sure.i will check to see if there are dates on his medals when I get them out.his name was Amos sandford best...
  7. M

Ingram and carliss

Hi there to all my fellow brummies many years ago my nans brother owned and ran with his partner jimmy Ingram a brass factory that used to manufacture fancy brass goods.the factory was around the summer lane area and my father Amos sandford and my uncle les Britain worked for him.this would be...
Back