• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. V

Whisky A Go Go

Remember these girls….used to go to Oriel’s house to get our French crew cut every few weeks and gave Cherry a lift home on my scooter a few Times…..the best part of the evening for me….great times and great girls…Ken Fraser was my best mate …..he lives in Australia now,we are in touch...
  2. V

Whisky A Go Go

3. V

Kardomah

used the KD a lot in the early 60’s…...I was a good friend of David Davies,brother of Mandy Rice-Davis…..met her with Dave once in the cafe during our lunch break,shortly after the ‘scandal’.…created quite a stir…..two young mods sitting with Mandy. Barry Hart
  4. V

Stockland Green Bilateral School

Ian, you're right on both counts.....nice to hear from you.....kept in touch with Sue for thirty odd years but then lost contact.....I've lived in Devon for a long time.....is Sue still around? I'd love to be in touch again. Barry.
  5. V

Stockland Green Bilateral School

I went to Stockland Green School 1958-1962, played soccer for the School Team and for Erdington District Schools. I was also a member of the Gymnastics Club run by Mr Taylor, in this photo. Can anyone help identify the other members? I am Barry Hart (extreme right back row) 1958/9 I can name...
  6. V

Court Farm Primary Tedbury Crescent School Erdington

Having looked at the soccer team photo again after reading Toronto Brummie's comments ,I'm wondering if the captain is Peter Pitt?
  7. V

Hi T.B I remember Peter Pit well was very friendly with him.We played soccer for the school and I posted the photo of the football team including Mr Wildgoose and Mr Jones.....I'm Barry Hart sitting next to Mr W.......were you older or younger than Peter P?
  8. V

Hi Dave, Well impressed with all your memories of that photo and details of performing in the Town Hall! I do remember that! Very happy memories of time at Court Farm and Stockland Green School. I know you went to George Dixon’s (next door neighbours in Glendon Road) and we did meet up a couple...
  9. V

Stockland Green

Hope you’re the Allan Ball of Stockland Green School.....cycling to Stratford.....playing football .....watching villa play etc. Barry Hart.
  10. V

Also.... Remember Bill Barnett?? I taught with him in ‘76, at Castle Vale. Also John Blackhall, Mr? Williams and John Wilkins. Remember any of them?
  11. V

Yes! played football on Perry Common Rec. I was at Stockland Green School 1956-1962, Yes, I was a goalkeeper but played out field as well, for Stockland Green School and Erdington District, did you play for School and Sunday team? Lowood ? Albion? / or something like that? Never took part in...
  12. V

Thanks for the reply Lady P. No, these boys in the football team were not in my year, probably all older.... i seem to remember that I was one of the youngest and didn’t really know them well enough to remember any names. If they were a year or two older than me, you wouldn’t know them either...
  13. V

Sorry, I will try again, kept getting msg it was ‘too big for server‘! And now it appears to be upside down!! Don’t have any idea how to get it the right way ! (Limited ability when it comes to this kind of skill) hope you have ways to fix it! okay, success!
  14. V

Hi Lady P, here’s my attempt to put names to faces/characters. Again, apologies for spelling errors! Stanley Povey - Policeman, Roy Francis - next to jockey, Susan Patten - Florence Nightingale, next to me, Roy Brannigan - front row extreme left, Pat Butler - front row extreme right, Roger Ralph...
  15. V

Hi there Lady P I've just found this photo and I'm Barry Hart (in the bowler hat two on the left of the PC -Stanley Povey. I remember Alaric well. I lived next door to David Illingworth. I can identify these people .... ( apologies for spelling mistakes!) Roy Goulden, Roger Ralph, Brian Arthur...
Back