• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Drew Lintott

St. John's Approved School

Hi if you contact Paulcould you tell him Mary Sweeney is looking to contact him
  2. Drew Lintott

I was in St.John's early 80s. Spent time on all the units. I remember Paul & Kathy & Bertie Bumfluff (horrible man) My name is Andrew Lintott. Had a pic sent to be by Mary. She was a ray of sunshine
  3. Drew Lintott

I'll message you with details on how to get your file. It's an easy process. Edit - link removed. Please make con act via BHF messaging - small envelope above on blue bar. Haven't received request x
  4. Drew Lintott

I'm (edit please contact by message) on fb. Add me . I got my care files. VERY redacted but don't suppose they want you seeing their lies lol x
  5. Drew Lintott

Can you send Paul my best please. My name is Andrew Lintott. He was one of the kinder staff there
  6. Drew Lintott

Tania. Is your last name Hart?
  7. Drew Lintott

I remember Paul he was one of the better staff. Went to his house a lot it was in Sutton Coldfield
  8. Drew Lintott

SWEEEEEEENNNNEEEEYYYYYY! You're one of my happier memories. In fact I think of you a lot when I think back. You had a wicked sense of humour! Never pass Bicester without thinking of you! I remember me on sanctions & scrubbing the floor & you decided to slide up it in one of those oh so...
  9. Drew Lintott

SWEEEEEEEEENNNNEEEEYYYYY!! How you doing sweetie. You're one of my happier memories of that place. Always remember your mad sense of humour. Bob I suspect my name fills a lot of those pages
  10. Drew Lintott

I was in there in early 80s. Spent time on all of the units. Good & bad memories.
  11. Drew Lintott

I was there 80/81/82 and sounds like the same (edit) was happening then as well. I gave statement to police about TENNAL school staff & 2 were convicted but they never asked about St.Johns. Sounds like we had the same experiences. Hope you're coping ok now. It's atrocious the stuff they got...
  12. Drew Lintott

Yes on Gravelly Hill North. Was a community Home School. I was there for a few years in the early 80s. Spent most of my time being "restrained" by staff or trying to escape. It was a time where abuse was the norm. I ended up suing Birmingham Social services & won my case & was compensated but no...
  13. Drew Lintott

I was there....sued social services for abuse. 2 edit: staff went to prison. One died in prison....karma. I was messed up for a long time but got closure. Take care.
  14. Drew Lintott

Donna were you in Lawnswood or Redlands? I was on all units at different times including Pentlands secure unit. I was always on the run. I sued Birmingham Social services & got compensation due to treatment while in care. I remember the name Donna. There was only one Donna in there. Just can't...
  15. Drew Lintott

Willy Gallagher!! Now there's a blast from my past! How you doing dude?
  16. Drew Lintott

I still have nightmares about edit ........ “Dictionary exercise". I went to Heligoland with them too. What's your name?
  17. Drew Lintott

What years were you there?
  18. Drew Lintott

Sorry my memory is shot. What unit were you on?
  19. Drew Lintott

I was in St.Johns from 79 until 82. Would like to contact anyone who was there at that time.
Back