• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. JudiM

Birmingham's Working Horses

Cobs are great. Hardy & strong. Mine had some of the cob musculature going on - and big feet!
  2. JudiM

That sounds like a good deal!
  3. JudiM

Yes, a grass kept horse or pony will require very little in the way of supplementary feeding when there is plenty of grass but it's the other costs that creep up. Where I kept mine, the monthly rent paid to the landowner included him putting hay out in the winter months (and in drought periods...
  4. JudiM

British natives will do fine in our weather as long as there is some shelter from strong winds & driving rain - a good tall hedge for instance. Unless we have extremely out of the ordinary, or out of season, cold, they'll be just fine. They will have thick winter costs adapted to keep them...
  5. JudiM

Castle Street

I think there could have been an answer in this thread, but the photos have gone - https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/van-allen-clothes-shops.10597/post-306867
  6. JudiM

Castle Street

I was wondering that, but I'm not sure. The Pavilions went up in the later 80's, after the Co-op was demolished. I don't remember being able to cut through all the way down to Moor Street before then, which I'm sure I would have done as I came into Town usually on the train to & from Moor...
  7. JudiM

Castle Street

Castle Street as it was a couple of days ago. When did it get blocked off? I can certainly remember the entrance to the hairdressers who's sign is still there, but not sure if it was open all the way to Moor Street in my lifetime.
Back